|Hull is the hardest city in the UK to find a job|
|Thursday, 25 August 2011 15:34|
University towns and southern English cities dominate the employment hotspots, according to recent research.
Hull tops the list of unemployment black holes with 45 job seekers for every open vacancy, new research by job search website Adzuna finds. There are 18,795 people in the Hull area looking for work yet there are only 318 jobs available to them out of nearly 400,000 live vacancies listed the job site nationally. Sunderland comes second with 33 job seekers chasing every single vacancy.
Newer news items:
Older news items:
Follow @theSMExpert on Twitter
Latest From SME Web
- Sony considers giving up part of entertainment arm
- SSE plc's rise in profits angers customers
- Marks and Spencer Group plc looking to turn around clothing sales with new autumn and winter collection
- Yahoo! Inc's acquisition of Tumblr shows that the digital media company "means business"
- Majority of UK business owners would set out on their own again despite difficulties
- Rise in complaints from small businesses about bank loans